View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3369527)   #54
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Greenslade View Post
Why do we keeping knocking a great idea to see some classic cars on display, yet again it is the English mentality of putting our heroes on pedestals and knocking them down again, heh at least's give it a chance and stop whinging - please.

Bladders...
If a tree falls in a forest and there's no-one there to hear it does it make a noise? If classic cars are paraded but no-one is able to see them is it a display?

Bladders you have missed the point. Most contributors here agree it will be a brilliant, awesome race meeting. The comments are mostly aimed at the barriers to spectating - GRRC membership, possession of the requisite sized wallet etc.

Last year I went to the Thruxton Easter Meeting and it was a brilliant, awesome race meeting. It was also bleedin' freezin' and hardly anyone was there which rather spoiled the atmosphere. This was despite only a £12 charge on the gate.

I'd love to go and watch racing at Goodwood without the fancy dress of the Revival but it seems there is the perfect storm of potentially awful weather, being out of my price bracket and anyway I'm not invited! So we are not knocking the event but knocking the fact we can't go to see them...

Last edited by midgetman; 18 Feb 2014 at 00:27. Reason: Even I didn't understand what I'd written