View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2024, 16:41 (Ref:4202735)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The main point with regard to all of the forgoing, is that YOU are solely responsible for driving the car, every action, right or wrong is down to YOU. That is because you decide to drive a lethal weapon on public roads, sure, the vast majority of your fellow road users are basically incompetent, having not learned a single lesson since they passed their driving test, but that is the point. YOU cannot rely on anyone else to drive safely, sensibly, or responsibly, even though they should. In a life time of driving I learned lessons almost daily, and very rarely came across another driver (on the road) whom I would trust. When I did the memory stayed with me.
When relatively new to long distance driving I would some times find I was letting other people influence my driving by reacting to their actions. I put a stop to that.

Quick, not fast. Observation, anticipation, acceleration were my mottos.

Keep your attention on the road, not on your passenger or mobile phone, use the information your eyes gather to make rapid decisions when necessary. It could save your life.

Here endeth the lesson.

Owd Baub.