Thread: A1 GP? Yak !!!
View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1499876)   #36
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The photo, presumably of a yak, was quite funny actually, but let's move on.

When the racing started, I thought it was fantastic and still do, but in a different way. I don't know exactly how, but the organisers have come up with a set of regulations that provide amazingly entertaining racing for a single-seater series. I love single-seaters, but, let's be honest, the racing is not usually exciting, even in F1, which most people watch religiously, even if they fall asleep halfway through.

The A1GP qualifying format is great and very exciting to watch, I suspect much better than what they are going to have in F1 this year.

The random nature of the results (apart from three or four teams at the front) is part of the entertainment and makes the racing good as well. All without artificial devices such as weight penalties and back-to-front grids.

To be honest, I do have my doubts about the long term future of A1GP, but that's for another thread and I sincerely hope I'm wrong. For the moment, I'm going to enjoy watching a Series that has really brightened up the winter months for me.