Old 23 Feb 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2639230)   #14
bigears
Racer

United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
bigears should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport View Post
G177 AWL actually started life as one of the 'production' Clubman versions, but was later modified by Bill Gwynne Engineering (BGE) in 1989/90 for a client in Guatamala as a Rothmans liveried left hand drive tarmac rally car replica - so no actual David Richards Autosport (DRA) history I'm afraid. You are indeed correct with your Rothmans registration numbers, KA - although DRA only borrowed C869 EUD from Cowley for Billy Coleman to use on the 1986 Shell Donegal Rally.

G177 AWL was exported out there by BGE along with Harri Toivenen's Unipart liveried ex-works car C96 KOG for the guy to have a little fun with around his plantation, apparently! Lucky Guatamalian!
You mentioned the C96 KOG car, surely it is the same C97 KOG as driven by Pete Slights for the 1988 MG Metro 6R4 Trophy? Or is it just a different car?

Same for the C869 EUD car was later used in 1989 for Pete Lloyd in his C874 EUD car well?

I want to check if my research of the Metros' partipication at the Birmingham Superprix is correct!