View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3339786)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, i think that's fair enough. it's a good example of the bewildering entitlement culture in all sport from the guys at the top of most sport - sponsorship deals do not simply come to you. you have to get them. being really good at something is not an excuse for not working hard at the wallet side of things. there are people out there with far better marketing people who will take the sponsors from under your nose.

i think all 3 of the guys that davyboy names have been victims of their own successes and family financial blessings in the early formulae. they've either had the best drives bought for them by their management, manufacturers or by family money. now that has dried up and they're in the real world, who can blame them for being confused about how it happens out here? they're in the same cloud cuckoo land as that the fans who think motorsport is a meritocracy because that's all they've seen of the sport.

i wouldn't call it buying a seat. it's making yourself more appealing to potential employers.