View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3392778)   #6510
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss ALMS. I don't want to watch the DPs at all with their bodywork made of a substance roughly as strong as butterfly wings. They just don't feel like international standard racing cars to me. To see what I perceive as an unfair imbalance towards them simply makes me wonder if my initial feelings about the merger were right after all. Just an American series doing American things for American people and the rest of you can just do whatever you like really.

If only they gave the impression that a fair fight was being had then I'd feel totally different. Even if they put the P2s into a class of their own now (since they more or less are anyway) that would at least come across to me as being more honest.

Then I'm conflicted when I see new manufacturers coming to DP. They are at least getting an easy way in to the series. But of course if they'd never challenge for wins in a P2 then they're never likely to build one and therefore the series is just further cast adrift away from the International Sportscar world.