View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1774140)   #5
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
:

1. Neither Gurston nor Doune are rich clubs.
2. Neither Gurston nor Doune have the highest entry fees for competitors of the national venues.
3. Officials from Doune are always made welcome at Gurston, sources tell me the same condition exists in spades for Gurston people travelling to Doune.
4. Neither Gurston nor Doune has a return road.
5. Gurston and Doune are ran by a combination of competitors and people who little or no competition experience.

Draw from that what conclusions you will. But I'm of the opinion that any venue that can't lay claim to 6 Norries, should think carefully about whether or not they are being complacent about this important aspect of the sport. If they don't, they'll only have themselves to blame when specator, competitor and marshalling numbers start to drop off.

With 6 trophies under our belt, you'd have thought we could organise our Chairman into a decent suit to go and pick up the silverware in
http://www.gurstondown.org/latest.htm#norrie