View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3360764)   #2948
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Lucas Luhr has indeed had an interesting career. One you can't clearly define as a success or a failure.
ex. what happened with Audi and the LMP1 program, other than the 2009 crash, I don't quite understand.
I'd say his career has been a success for sure. Maybe not compared to upper echelon guys like Tom K - but the fact he is still one of the most in-demand sportscar drivers in the world after 15 or so years in the game can't be denied.

I'm sure he'd have hoped for more than a pair of GT class wins at Le Mans. Maybe there is an element of not fulfilling his potential. Being a factory driver for Audi for three years and never even standing on the podium shows there's a bit of a nearly-man theme there. But he's still getting paid which is more than a lot of people (and a few F1 drivers) can say.