View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3049413)   #1543
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by James69181 View Post
OK guy's enough pot shots !
Lets talk facts and the facts are (ask Mal Rose ).
B12 hr entry $11000 (International's are subsidised)
Sepand 12hr $2500 U.S.
B12 hr fuel $2.90 litre
Sepang 12 hr fuel 100 litres for practice no charge 800 litres for racing no charge.
Shipping to Malaysia and back around $10000.
Everyone on slicks.
Everything else in Malaysia (food, 5 star hotels, rental cars etc.) about 1/3rd the price at Bathurst.
GT cars and prod tourers and prod sports race very happily together there.
BTW they also have a 1000K race for under 1900cc production cars because they had 120 cars trying to get onto a 77 car grid at the 12 hr a couple of years back..
I believe the facilities and the organizers attitude to competitors is first class.
Is it just me or is one country doing all it can to promote motor racing and the other is allowing "catergory Managers" to make aliving from the wallets of the Aussie competitor.

I am saving for a holiday in Malaysia to watch their 12 hr evnt and have a holiday.
It's fairly pointless comparing Malaysia with Australia, the costs of living over there are way lower than here.
But there's no doubt that racing here in OZ can be way more expensive than OS.
A full season of Formula Renault 1.6 in France (equivalent to our Formula Ford but with wings and slicks) can cost around $80'000 AUS.
That includes heaps of testing plus for young drivers, media and racecraft training from seasoned veterans.
US F2000 costs less than National Formula Ford and even a top level State Formula Ford team drive can set you back the best part of $200'000 I'm told.
If I had a talented youngster looking to make a career in motorsport the first thing I'd do is get them out of OZ ASAP.