View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3755230)   #8141
Lizardfolk
Rookie

Taiwan
Lizardfolk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
The reason Agag gave for retaining the spec chassis was so that factories would actually spend money on drivetrain developments, not 15mm wide aero bits that always end up spending classes out of existence.
Exactly, it's not like Formula E is intended to be spec in the first place. Every season something internal gets opened up for development and by the 5th Season (which is soon) they want to get rid of car swaps completely and open up battery development.

Now is probably the right time to join FE as some crucial parts are opening up and the more interesting bits of electric technology that we need (i.e. battery) are opening up soon.

I don't necessarily disagree that FE isn't really at a good point right now, but the sheer amount of manufacturer interest and the large amounts of money being funned into the series might actually push the series to its intended goal which is to have the only thing spec to be the chassis and everything internally to be open for manufacturers to play.

Personally, I hope some bits of the car externally is opened up eventually but if I were to pick what is open and what isn't, I would much rather the internal power unit be open. That's where the real engineering is at these days anyway.