View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2011, 11:35 (Ref:2949363)   #77
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be fair Gom, he was getting paid millions in 2001 or 2002. He has been the biggest earner in MotoGP for over a decade so really he was taking risks and pushing to the max even back then. These guys race for glory not money, no matter who they are at the top level, they get paid for that. Doohan at the end of his carer was getting paid more than most F1 drivers.

I think he has slowed down a bit, he isn't prepared to push when he knows he can't win. If that makes him less of a rider...so be it.

But that many world titles, wins and winning titles on two bikes and in every class means he will always be the GOAT. toner had his time in 125 and 250 and didnt win titles or that ma ny races in comparison, OK maybe no on the best bike, but neither was Aoyama, Dovi, Harada et al.

It does sadden me that he is unable seemingly to sort the bike, but it just proves that he can't ride EVERYTHING quickly. Stoner maybe can which gives him an advantage of sorts, but I would still bet that on equal equipment Rossi would be more ruthless, calculating and better at riding a bike on worn tyres. Maybe he would stil get beat, but those facts remain

It is a fascinating idea that either Rossi can't pinpoint the issue or Ducati cant build a bike that helps. I am fairly sure it's the latter with a bit of the former maybe 20/80.