View Single Post
Old 19 Feb 2012, 20:56 (Ref:3028096)   #24
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I ended up getting a GoPro Hero 2 which apparently is a refinement of the older Hero camera.

I really need to play with the different resolution settings to see which I like. For starters I just ran the 960 setting.

With setup I found it easy to use and mount and one thing I like is plenty of mounting options and accessories available. Mine came with a solid back door and one door with 2 slits in it for improved audio(not water resistant though). I mounted it in the car on the dash and also on a bumper for on a rally course. It's very simple to turn on and operate.

The video quality was awesome. The only complaint I have is there is a "fishbowl" effect with the video. I'm going to try the other settings and see how that works out. Also the video sizes are huge so I had to order a 32 gb card.

The audio with the solid back door was as expected, a bit muffled. With the holed back door which I used in car, the audio was very clear and sounded good.

It ended up being a useful training aid for myself, as I could here and watch myself do demos for students and then listen to myself when the student was driving. It was great because I could see where I can tweak some of the stuff I say, how I say it, maybe add something more here, take away more here and so on.