Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2024, 00:14 (Ref:4205972)   #4357
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=V8 Fireworks;4205576]Aerodynamics IS a field in mechanical engineering, as is acoustics, vibration, combustion and so on as well as solid mechanics (structures), mechanics, kinematics and vehicle dynamics. You will find a wind tunnel in the mechanical engineering department of every University.

I do not follow your point.

Technically you are correct. Aero engineering is a form of mechanical engineering.

I am being deliberately simplistic.
I'm suggesting that there is too much focus on aerodynamics as an aid to roadholding and cornering speed and in the current era it is not adding anything to the sport that would be seriously missed.

Rather than go into detail about what I would regard as useful I will say little, other than to point people to simpler wings and nose spoilers (80's single plane elements) as an aid the stability without the complexity of the current era.