View Single Post
Old 7 Mar 2006, 16:13 (Ref:1539653)   #6
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
djb - yes exactly. I know what you mean from when I used to have a road bike and the "two fingers on the brake and roll the throttle on with your palm and little finger" is exactly the effect I'm looking for.

Gordon - I presently keep my braking in a straight line, then come up off it gently as I turn in and and immediately onto a balanced throttle to keep the car stable into the apex. I find this very effective at keeping up good apex and exit speed. The big down side, and what I'm trying to get rid of, is that my relatively old fashioned "straight line" braking means I'm on them earlier than people who trail brake and that leaves me vulnerable to overtaking in the braking areas. I obviously switch to defensive lines if this is a danger, but that just wastes overall track speed.

That's interesting Dave, it hadn't occured to me to go into the corner in the toe-and-heel postition. That could actually be the equivalent of what djb is doing with his right hand.... but sounds tricky to keep good control over the back end while bleeding off the brake pedal. Might be possible by resetting the height of the brake and throttle pedals. Would need a bit of a compromise with toe-heel heights (full braking) though. Definitely food for thought though