View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2742501)   #11
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Making the impact balanced across LM and the LMS/ALMS tracks just doesn't sound like an ACO thing to do. I have to agree an electronic limiter seems to be the way to go with the pit limiter already installed but how hard would it be to add a top-end limit to the package thats stays on full time and is easy to track? A mechanical limiter through gearing may be slightly easier to police, esp out on track, but could it give the P2s a diesel type launch off the corners? With a lower top-end gear would they make teams run only 4 speeds or would some teams opt for a possibly better get away nd maybe less strain on the newly developed engines?
I'm relying on some feedback from the more technical and knowledgeable members of our group to fill in some specifics or tell me why my guesses wouldn't work.
This rule is to apply to GTE.

L.P.