Thread: Team US F1
View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2010, 06:04 (Ref:2643141)   #936
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i really was hoping for a strong USF1 team, and was genuinely pleased when they were awarded the entry slot to this year's championship.

However, i now wish the FIA would pull the pin on this entry and award it to Stefan GP. as soon as possible.

there is nothing unique about USF1's position this year - with a sponsor supposedly pulling out (let's call them ScapegoatCorp), and there is no guarantee that (should the FIA grant a 1 year extension) the same thing wouldnt occur next year as well... and what do we do then? grant another year?

Simply put, the failings do not all lie at the feet of ScapegoatCorp... There is no car, as far as i know (correct if wrong) the basic crash tests have not been satisfied, they have reportedly lied to their driver lineup about their advancement, and the wheels have totally fallen off the organisation.

Either through poor planning, poor management or poor direction, they have nothing to show. this is not solely a sponsor failing, there are obviously major flaws elsewhere in this outfit. They're not just short of money, they've got no car, they've got no engines, they've got no drivers anymore. There's very little to salvage...

i wonder if anyone knows the terms of the contract USF1 have with the FIA for their entry, and what constitutes grounds for termination of that contract? Do they have to wait until USF1 dont show for 3 races? Do USF1 have to denounce their entry?

I'm guessing the FIA have to be careful of their grounds for terminating the contract, as they dont want to trigger an exit for Campos as well, who are reportedly back on track to racing this year, but may miss the first race.