Thread: F1 wallpapers
View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2770566)   #9
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I'm happy to give it a go. I was thinking the same. I'm sure I could find some suitible images to fill one side of the screen.

Can anyone tell me when this shot was taken and which main drivers feature in this particular photo?

Cheers!

Dan
I'll give you a start. I reckon it was 1965. The first two cars are the BRMs of Graham Hill and Jackie Stewart, followed by the bulky white Honda of Ritchie Ginther. Actually, Jim Clark should be there in the Lotus and, looking closely, I think he is, so close behind Hill as to be largely obscured.

There were two Rob Walker cars in dark blue with the white nose band. I think the first one is Jo Siffert, in which case the other one is Jo Bonnier.

The first of the works Brabhams (green with gold) is Dan Gurney. Behind in the first of the works Coopers (#4) is Bruce McLaren and #11 is the other white Honda driven by Ronnie Bucknum.

That's about as far as I can go for now, but I'll keep checking.