View Single Post
Old 20 Jul 2010, 02:29 (Ref:2729428)   #125
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
... so pi55ed mechanics telling more than they should - I find it highly believable to be honest.........a few years back I was very VERY reliably told that Dr Ulrich got drunk at a formula palmer audi bash and blurted out that Audi had developed a V12 diesel LMP1 and it was 2 seconds a lap quicker than the R8........I posted the thread on 10-10ths and everyone ridiculed me as usual........which is a sad state of affairs to be honest.

my bet is still on both Audi and Pug going the diesel route, because by maths its still a set of highly bent regulations which will allow them a big advantage over privateers with gasoline engines.
Easy to solve, as with any other type of engine... they could buy diesel engines and build cars around then like they did if it were petrol. There are only 3 Petrol manufactures any way with relevance in LPM1 ... Judd, Aston Martin, Mazda... there are 2 for diesel...

the problem is that sub-conscientious everybody is waiting when the rules is so damn bent in favor of petrol that diesel will lose... big time... until now that bet has been on the losing side and everybody is sored and bitter... but AOC doesn't want to punish diesels with 200kg more and air restrictors so tight that would not allow a fly to pass trough, because that would make it so much balantely obvious... that even a die hard petrol head would notice...

The bitterness is that no one likes to bet on the losing side... but the obvious statement is that petrol engines are obsolete, the evidence is there, no matter how many fouls the good marketing of noise=power is able to deceive.