View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2010, 22:03 (Ref:2734853)   #13
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Cytosport developed their own setup and it worked quite well at Lime Rock. And with Penske being the "factory team", does one really think that a private team with the same car will get the exact same equipment? I don't think so, and that's in the Porsche tradition.
Bang On! For any doubters see Le Mans 1997 when Porsche showed up with an evolution of the 911-GT1 while all the customers had last year's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Back on topic, IMSA did the rules stabiltiy deal from '04-'06 with some performance balancing in '06. I doubt that this will get the ACO to throw out their proposed 2011 rules package, besides, they're already proposing rules for 2014/15 and don't even have the offical 2011 rules published yet!

Sometimes, I think that IMSA's talking to a wall with the ACO, who seem to forget that rules developed for a single 24 hour race don't always work for a multi-race sprint race series, and maybe the issues with the LMS might be convincing them of that fact.
I agree, but that's why the ALMS went their own direction with combining the classes, myself, Purist, CMK and TWK all agree it should have been done 2 years previously.