View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3031371)   #1323
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure who else was scanning radios, but as I was watching from the hotel room, it was very interesting to hear the circus at MM sport.

Feel very sorry for Simonsen, surely the almost identical clearwater car pitting 3 laps earlier would have triggered a "lets check our figures" moment....

And Allan radioed them on his roll in lap to say he may need a push, so they ran down for that, then it fired up so he drove past them to arrive at an un manned pit bay while the crew ran back up!!

That mistake caused the lambdas to overheat with the lean running, which flagged an alarm, which can only be reset via diagnostic computer. 2 laps gone and ultimately a DNF due to failed lambda (apparently).

Comedy of errors all round, what a circus. Poor Al.

Then Al rejoined right in front of the Scudd lambo, initially blocking progress, and rightly received at elast 10 blue flags that i saw with my own eyes from my hotel balcony... He SHOULD have had a drive through penalty for disobeying blue flags......

And then the final nail was Dominik hitting the fire bomb...... Dear oh dear, They, as I was too, must be gutted.

Bottom line though, the car was reliable, it was mistakes that caused it to fail.

Bad luck also to Scudd and crew, was cheering for them for a while there too, although, after what Mr Park said to me not 30 seconds after Teds shunt, all I can say is Karma is a biyatch Mr Park..... Ted won an hour race at Bathurst as recently as Easter, and Park crashed at Sprint Bathurst already, so what he said must be echoing around his empty head right now. Bad luck Scudd and Russell. You deserved better.

I drove Ted home to melbourne today, after watching the first stint and stops. We had a good chitty chat about whats what and Ted is one wise old soul. I have enormous respect for him, and he's tougher than any one of any age I ever met.

He's REALLY sore, but already improving and he'll be ok. The car and its future were discussed, but no hasty decisions will be made, or announced.