View Single Post
Old 15 Jul 2010, 07:34 (Ref:2726961)   #1085
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
For the business savvy posters, particularly the ones who have been reading the "New Chassis" thread since it began (or my worthless blog), the following quote will look familiar. Only this time the author is Paul Tracy, and he wrote it today.

paultracy3
Insider
"2012 will cost a extra 1 million"
"At this point I am told to run a 1 car deal . Allready owning the cars and some spares cost about 4.5 -5 mil . That has some crash damage built into the budget and no driver salary unles you finish in the top 5 where it pays well . 2 new cars some spares and a extra wing body kit from another suplyer will add about 1 million to the season budget ... So where is the reduction in cost I ask ?????"
I see your point, but following this reasoning they should keep the current chassis forever...
when you start a new one (and it has to hsappen, sooner or later) obviously you have this kinda problems (also dallara will, I guess) but the challenge is to recover from it via new savings in the shortest time possible.