View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1183974)   #35
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally I think that to have GT1 back we need grids of 6+ cars per race, there would be no point otherwise in having the class, but 6 cars are enough to have a good race in the GT1 class IMO, not ideal but adaquete, this is also the target set by Ratel if I remember correctly. I wasnt a fan of the GT3 class at first, but over the course of the year Ive slowly warmed to the cars during the course of the season. There can never be a class below GT3 though IMO, just looking at the qualifying times for the BTCC and British GT at Donnington u can see that the front running BTCC guys would have qualifed ahead of a few of the GT3 runners in British GT, scary. A class beneath GT3 would be outperformed by Super 2000 cars!

Still the series is healthy at the moment, and looks like its going to be stronger for 2005 so fingers crossed things will keep on improving.