Thread: V8ST - 2014
View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3341371)   #10
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
Considering that the SI circuits work together & have some mutual respect for other circuits "traditional dates" I can't see Teretonga running V8ST in opposition to the very popular Wigram revival meeting, which has a traditional date of that first weekend in November.
In my experience the only two South Island clubs that respect each others big meeting dates is Levels and Ruapuna. Teretonga is a unique and much loved circuit by Competitors and spectators alike and unlike Levels and Ruapuna in great financial health. A big once a year International V8ST Enduro at that time of the year, particularly if it could be an enshrined annual event, would be very well supported by the Southland public and offer a very viable alternative to Highlands "Take it or Leave it" track high strategy.

It would also be far less costly to both V8ST and its Teams than Highland's and at that time of the year potentially deliver a better crowd as Teretonga has excellent spectator viewing position around more than half of the track.

I stress again these are my personal thoughts only.