Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2011, 11:59 (Ref:2903441)   #123
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Looking at it through a logical perspective we can see how much those times affected the present by the directions taken after '94 events...
So many changes rushed through, some highy necessary like car safety, some not so like some of the circuit changes.

Ayrton's death left a huge vacuum in the driver ranks as well, only Damon and to a lesser extent Schuey, who was still developing, Berger and Alesi were considered biggish names as such? Compare that to now, practically the top dozen drivers are probably household names!

It took me a few years to reignite my passion for F1 after that May weekend, up until then I loved seeing the superstars against all the top young guns that had risen through F3 and 3000 that I had seen trackside in the UK etc.