View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2013, 22:44 (Ref:3320727)   #269
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
For all practical purposes, even Buddh International Circuit would offer more meteorological security than Fuji Speedway does, at least in late October. Yes, the air pollution is horrendous, but would you rather have a wet cancelled race or a smoggy, dry race... I believe I'd choose the latter. And if you follow me on the F1 side of 10 Tenths, most likely you know my dislike towards the Indian GP.

After looking at the climate data for the Shizuoka Prefecture (specifically for Shizuoka, the capital of the prefecture of the same name), I can honestly say that there really wasn't a better time to put the race. Unfortunately, the entire prefecture gets a lot of rain all year round basically, except December and January. Same with Suzuka and Motegi - all get around 5-6 inches of rain in October, 3-4 in November, and during the rainy season, up to 10 inches per month.