Thread: 911
View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2004, 13:45 (Ref:891226)   #3
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, yes and YES!

Of course what you really need to do is buy a race prepared SC (with the whale tail) and race it in the Porsche Club GB Club Cup!

http://www.msdpcgb.co.uk/

I'm also a keen 911 fan - though I have to admit that I'm not a purist in the classic sense, my ideal 911 would be a 2004 996 GT3!

Forgetting the racing side of things, as far as road going classic 911s are concerned I think I prefer the original lines of the earlier 1970s cars to the 80s SC's and Carreras. 1973 911E anyone? And although recent 993s and 996s seem to be ten a penny round my way, a really nice classic 911 is still a proper head turner.

Definitely join the club - it's half full of pretentious ******s but the rest are fine, and even if you don't intend racing, go to a few Club Championship meetings - it's the best place to meet enthusiasts who really know their way round their cars... (and let me know - I might turn up myself!)