Thread: Movies Senna Movie
View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2011, 13:42 (Ref:2895109)   #92
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I saw it on Wednesday and came away impressed, I also feel that some of the dubbing/editing was a bit slack but then only enthusiasts will notice that sort of thing.

I didn't think the film was too bad on Prost, it showed them getting on before the big duel and then mellowing towards each other afterwards, it all added to the mix for the finale, the sense of invevitability about that fateful weekend.

It reminded me that the FW16, in it's early guise was a total dog and Ayrton had to drive out of his skin to get that car at the front. Damon Hill was 1.5-2 seconds a lap slower on average.....

The film also reminded me just how unhappy Senna was on the Sunday, those in car shots of him on the grid clearly show him to be extremely tired and distressed. The evtns of the previous two days had left him in some shock I think. Awful.

As to the man himself, I used to be a bit anti Senna until the early 90's and then there was that superb A season with McLaren documentary that really showed me his human side and what a generous character he really was..... outside of the car....

The other thing that stood out was how much he seemed to age in the last couple of years, he looked much older than the 34 years he was at the time of his death - his quest for F1 dominance had obviously taken everything out of him - but then he wasn't expecting to have to work as hard when he joined the hitherto dominant Williams team.