View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2007, 18:22 (Ref:2003763)   #48
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike
If you mean Steve if there is crash and the rescue unit and ambulance turn up then this is the same for every Midland Hill. If a marshal is any doubt about the seriousness of a incident then they call the unit and ambulance just in case. Yes nine times out of ten we are'nt needed but for that one time it is better we are on scene rather than drinking coffee where we park.

Also we dont incurr any extra time going to incidents to the meeting as we are parked up and ready to go again before the marshals have finished brushing up the debris

BTW 44 red flags on Sunday including medical treatment in the spectator area which stopped track activity and finished by half 5, not too bad going really.

Couldnt put it better myself...

At least the vehicles that attend the incident drive with caution and consideration for anyone that may be on track at the time

Also the tonka toy is scrambled every time as if you need it its on its way and if you dont by the time you have swept up the gravel its back where it parks anyway so again no time is lost..

I think the main reason for all the flags was that driving standards were not as high as they usually are..

Was it down to the reasonably good weather ??
A bit of sunstroke ?

(post and be damned is what I say)