View Single Post
Old 2 Mar 2024, 22:16 (Ref:4199635)   #35
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
So when I have watched team activity videos put out by AT (now VCARB) I have thought I have noticed a bit of annoyance in Tsunoda towards Ricciardo. I get the feeling that Ricciardo treats him in a bit of a "ruffle your hair" and "pinch your cheek" big brother kind of way. I think this is somewhat aggravated by Ricciardo's gregarious personality. I think sometime Tsunoda gets treated like a child due to his size and I can imagine it might annoy him. And he seems pretty ferocious and sometimes hot headed on track. It's a pairing worth watching this season.

Richard
I actually think this is the most volatile of all team situations in 2024 and for several reasons.
Tsunoda has pretty well-matched Ricciardo in every race since DR's return after his injury in the Dutch GP last year with the exception of Mexico where DR was on fire.
Personally I'd have been happy to see Liam take the seat rather than DR.
Tsunoda has fought the whole way through his career to get to F1 and he does have speed. Perhaps that never say die, never give up, personality is why he is so verbally ferocious.

But the team orders were off the wall and if DR is favoured by Red Bull to the extent that Tsunoda is simply a Honda afterthought then my sympathy is with Tsunoda entirely.
Either way, if DP can't run away from Tsunoda on track then despite RB feelings towards him it doesn't say much for RB if he actually does replace Checo next year. Again Id rather see Liam take the Perez seat than DR.

And if you think I'm being hard on DR, I actually chose him for my 2024 fantasy team, ScapeGoat Racing, and defended him in 2022 while he was at McLaren.
Having said that, if DR cant run away from YT during the year and Yuki actually gets the better of him Yuki may replace him in my fantasy team.
I'd like Stroll to replace him but the FTTFOF don't allow it.

As far as Gasly and Ocon are concerned, both GP winners in different circumstances, the history would team to indicate that the combo is not conducive to helping a team survive a difficult development time and given Gasly's reported comments tensions will flare up at some point in 2024.