View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3060792)   #18
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
At this coming conference TACCOC is actually doing something about it. They have put forward three remits - one on the issue of MSNZ as an administrative and regulatory body also being involved in commercial motor sport activities, one about bringing back proxy voting in order to widen representation and not restrict it to just those clubs who turn up at Council and one about the representation issues touched on in this thread.
TACCOC has taken this stand in order to follow the correct process and to get these issues debated. The fear is that the status quo will prevail and these remits will be voted down (as have similar ones in the past) and the MSNZ ship will keep steaming on the same course.
As always, well put by Roger. The difficulty lies in getting enough clubs to vote for the changes, as he says. So, I guess one approach could be to lobby your local voting member of your car club stating what the benefits are of such changes and the problems with keeping the status quo. It then needs someone knowledgeable and eloquent to stand up at the AGM and give an impassioned speech to that end.

But it would really help if the voting members who were going to go were briefed beforehand on the advantages of redressing the balance in favour of the men and women who love to go racing, or be involved in racing or the sport in general.

All power to you, I truly hope you succeed!

PS I was definitely not referring to CCC earlier, more some of the very southern ones...