View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2011, 23:02 (Ref:2904985)   #19
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
I thought this weekend's racing was epic! Best F3 meeting I've seen in a while I would say. Maybe it's just because I was at Oulton Park at the start of the season, and that was hardly a classic...

I'm enjoying Fortec stopping the Carlin domination. What's people's opinions on Carlos Huertas? Surely with his experience in F3 he has to start winning races soon? If not he's got a lot of questions to answer dont you think?
Carlos is in his 3rd season of British F3 but he is lacking in the people skills needed to be a winning driver. He doesn't have the manners or understanding to work well with the people he needs. His popularity with his mechanics and Mark his engineer and GB the team manager is no where near as good as it could be. A bit of an angry young man scenario, from a wealthy Columbian background Carlos does not channel his drive and full effort into his racing. Steve Robertson, former team owner of Double R where Carlos started in FBMW and did his previous F3 drives moved his new main man Nasr to Carlin, unless Carlos finds a lot more speed from his driving his car and setup will not beat Carlins 1 and 2 drivers or the drivers with the charm factor. In a six car team if you think all the cars and their components are equal and the engineers and bolters are all equal it's welcome to the real world of racing time