View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2905211)   #23
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i just did the nurburgring and back from east anglia-ish for £80 diesel and a £30 return channel crossing on norfolkline/dfds. go over empty, fill up at auchan dunkerque for €1.33 a litre, drive... appropriately, and make sure you go back home with a full tank to make the most of the savings for the next week or so too. on two tanks of diesel the price difference between the uk and a supermarket diesel fillup in france on a large-ish tank actually pays for the cost of the ferry.
That's very helpful information, bella, thanks. It will help me when I go to Spa. The only trouble for me is that thoughts of a diesel are a distant dream and I have to go for Super Unleaded which disappears at a depressing rate. But, hey, I'm going to Spa for four days and I love that place and I've already worked out how I might get a crafty lift into the paddock with a friend, which helps no end!