View Single Post
Old 13 Jun 2010, 04:29 (Ref:2710518)   #7
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all, I'd like to point out that your graphics and level of detail are of the highest level I've seen around here, and you have knowledge of what a race track is and how it should be laid out.

THat said, I need to point out some safety issues, if motorcycles are to be raced in your facility.

1.The run of at the exit of the last turn should be increased, also at the exit of the big parabolica, they both flollow the geometrical shape of the track rather than the actual race line, which proyects riders tangential with the corner.

2.The pit lane shoots out drivers straight into the hot racing line, it needs to be modified, to also protect outgoing traffic from getting hit, in case someone loses control at T1 and lands in the impact zone.

my recomendation is to lay the pit lane around the impact area and enter after the apex, at a safer area, where the race line is rather to the inside of the turn, away from exiting cars/bikes.

As for the added section, I added,with much respect for your design, a slower zone that adds a few 100 meters and 3 more corners, just to make for a stadium section, and have more overtaking oportunities, I tried to follow your style rather than add something totally allien from the rest of the track, again with much respect for your awesome design.

Please forgive that I coudn't reproduce the safety barrier yet, you seem good enough to re do it in the propper places.
Attached Thumbnails
AstenRing.png  
Attached Files
File Type: skp AstenRing.skp (573.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 13 Jun 2010 at 04:36.