View Single Post
Old 19 Sep 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3575038)   #7327
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The world’s largest automaker has admitted selling 482,000 such diesels since 2009, California and U.S..... Volkswagen is the world’s biggest auto company, outselling Toyota and General Motors this year......
VAG is the company of biggest sales/revenue($261b vs Toyota $255b. 3rd, which is GM had $155b), but, as of 2014, Toyota's profit was far bigger($19 billion vs VAG's $12 bi), which is quite curious to be honest. Toyota's much more efficient by making far bigger gains from less sales. But I digress.

The $18 billion fine is just a possibility right now but that is huge(almost Toyota's 2014 profit, confortably the highest of all auto makers)
Quote:
Many have viewed diesel as a promising green technology that could grow as the nation heads for more stringent fuel economy standards.
Aren't diesel engines intrinsically more powerful and with better fuel economy? I always thought their handicap was producing much more polution If that's not the case, what' the advantage of petrol cars, then?

If this fine and other law suites really comes, I think VAG's motorsport activities might be seriously jeopardized for a while.

Disgusting action by VW, anyway