View Single Post
Old 29 May 2014, 19:45 (Ref:3412485)   #297
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
This whole proposal has sense of 'deja vu' for me, especially when Dallara and Ferrari are mentioned.
Back in the late 80's we had Italian industrialist Giuseppe Lucchini start an Italian F1 team using Dallara chassis. He had been involved in the WTTC but for 1988 started a F1 team

Initially they used the Cosworth DFR and later (1991) the Judd V10 before becoming a Ferrari customer in 1992. The Dallara's weren't bad at all and they scored a few points (then top 6) and two podiums (1989 and 1991).
In 1993 they changed to Lola's but were less than successful and for 1994/1995 BMS was merged with Minardi. Lucchini left to pursue other programmes in 1996.

There are just so many similarities in this Hass project that I wonder if we are going to see something similar again. I wish Hass the best but he is taking on an enormously expensive task from scratch. No one has done that successfully in F1since the late 60's and that is a completely different era.

Even doing what Lucchini did and getting two podiums, one in his second year, would be unheard of in this era.