View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2024, 16:21 (Ref:4203612)   #91
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Whatever the reason for Alonso slowing, it didn't affect Russell's entry to the corner, having looked at the video he had completed his braking normally, made the apex and lost the car entry to mid-corner, at that point in time, for me thats a driver error on Russell's part.
Do you understand the impact of aero based grip on cornering speed? Do you understand why F1 does not have cars nose to tail through higher speed corner in which without the required aero based grip that regular cornering speeds can't be maintained? Do you understand why a gap is required when following in specific situations?

It's not Russell's corner entry that is the problem. It is that he is too close to Alonso and looses enough aero grip from the front wing due to the level of dirty air that this causes him to go off. And he is closer to Alonso in the middle of the corner due to Alonso's erratic behavior/slowing (for whatever reasons) on his own corner entry.

Richard