View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2928728)   #22
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
The isobutanol runs noticeably cooler, so engine reliability will be much improved, if Dyson is anything to go by.

I would guess that the Autocon car will be the fastest up the Mario Andretti Straightaway, as it has the larger displacement, and the turbos. I don't think Cytosport has much of a straight-line advantage over Dyson, and Dyson will have 2/3rds of a lap through the fast corners to pull some margin on the Lola-Aston before they even hit the straight.

Yes, but it appears that Cytosport is almost as good as the Mazda in the corners as well. If Dyson wants to win they have to allow Chris to run wild and have another great first stint, blocking and taking advantage of traffic at all costs. If Luhr pulls out to a massive lead like at Long Beach, then its game over as Graf and Smith seem to be about equal (Guy slightly better in traffic). Plus, Dyson is usually hopeless in the pitlane.

As for Autocon, cant see how they will pull off a win without serious problems from Muscle Milk and Dyson, I think a lot of people are overestimating McMurry, but yes Burgess is fast.