View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2011, 21:48 (Ref:2928740)   #24
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I like the part about how all the GT cars have to have a “dummy” camera housing on their roof even if there is no camera there! I wonder if somebody complained about the aero disadvantage of the camera being there?
Probably. I think NASCAR teams all carry the camera pod even if they don't have a camera, but I may be off on that. I remember this being an issue there many years ago.

I also think the ACO Data Logger rule change is interesting. Does anyone want to try to make sense of it? I can take a guess, but I was wondering if anyone had anything concrete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
The Dyson Lola is a hybrid 2011 LMP1/2010 LMP2--Dyson couldn't the the suspension kit for the wider wheels/tires soon enough, so IMSA ballasted up their cars and gave them a larger air restrictor to counter act the ballast. However, that setup is intermediate between a current LMP1 and the previous LMP2 setups, as they have stuck to the narrower LMP2 tires.
Dyson made some pretty significant modifications to their #16 chassis prior to Lime Rock. I don't know whether that changed their weight and tire size, but they have been pretty busy. I think the #20 car will get the changes soon.