Old 9 Mar 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1862307)   #4
Dennis.Doyle
Racer

England
Bury, Lancs
Dennis.Doyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
One of those stories that you really hope is true. But that's not a barn its an aircraft hanger!
Reckon your'e right, does look like the motoring equivalent of the "modern urban myth", i.e. you want to believe it so badly you totally suspend your critical powers & swallow it hook line & sinker.

However, since I do like fairy tales:

The collection of cars has the right "feel" about it, i.e. they are what an enthusiast might have bought in those times & they have some slight eccentricities rather than beeing an ideal collection of exotica assembled after the fact.

Last week I was in Salamaca (in country to the right of Portugal ) & in the motor museum there is a similarly tasty collection that was mostly assembled by a rich enthusiast who simply was unable to sell his treasures. Goes right through from '20s Mercs & Amilcars, through Traction Avant, DKW, early Jag saloons to '70s 911. All with appropriate patina just like they had been parked up.

Lastly, in that part of the world you do get a wierd mix of ancient rustic looking barns side by side with modern industrial units looking like aircrat hangers.

But, just to come back to reality, I did try following that link up one level & was told to "go away"! Anyone know the background story or what the website is about?

Last edited by Dennis.Doyle; 9 Mar 2007 at 13:13.