View Single Post
Old 26 May 2013, 20:01 (Ref:3253630)   #295
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well seeing that it was snowing the other day we had the best of the weather for practice/qualy/race, unfortunately we did have a second gear selection problem that involved taking the box out twice and swapping a few bits with some robbed from a spare.
It was better for the race and I felt happier as I could concentrate more on trying to drive the car faster as I could select 2nd for the chicane and La Source.
I got to drive the last half of the race but halfway through my stint flat it top just before Eu Rouge the engine decided it didn't want to know anymore and I finished beside the marshals post manned by ENGLISH !
I don't know what actually caused the demise of the engine but a quick look showed a broken camshaft and smashed block possibly caused by a broken cam follower, although I did take a spare engine there wasn't enough time to swap it in the time before the next race.

A great shame for Joe but at least the car is in one piece so the blue Tina will be out in anger in the near future !
This morning we went to Spa town and had a couple of hours in the actual spa itself and I would recommend it to anyone who has a bit of spare time if you are down there for a few days.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !