View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2009, 09:38 (Ref:2545791)   #108
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
As the 4 wheeled, one legged rottweiler marshal on the assembly gate (!!), I can say some of the delays were caused by cars leaking oil that required clean-up on green flag laps, recovery of broken down vehicles post race, getting drivers into cars and ready to race, etc, and while each one of these is quite minor, when repeated frequently added up each time.

The 84 car parade for Stirling did indeed take some work, but we got it down to a fine art of getting the cars lined up during the previous race, but then found drivers and passengers dithering about as they weren't organised or even in the vicinity of their cars when the time came to start the parade!!!!

From my perspective, passes are a concern as they found their way onto people who were nothing to do with the teams!!! So teams need to consider their own actions with this. Also, the assembly area is not meant to be a posers paradise so why are so many people (especially the ladies/girlfriends/long lost aunts) trying to access the area with team armbands when the area is clearly meant to be for drivers and mechanics only? If an accident were to occur there, Goodwood and Lord March would get it in the neck, yet who is the cause here? Something we all need to consider before next year's event.

But despite all that, I have to say I had a great time, meeting so many great people and their cars. So thank you to you all that brought cars, dressed up, smiled and entered into the spirit of the event. See you all next year!!!!!