View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2545985)   #124
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
I spoke to Ashley-Brown (who drove my Volpini in the Chichester Cup). He said that one Italian driver in an Apache overtook about five people on the green flag lap and then overtook him under the safety car on the entry to the chicane!
It will not go un-noticed!
As to comments by Steve Tarrant & henk4 re assembly gate and area, sorry, but all the totty at Goodwood is most a welcome sight to these ageing bones and for this meeting a very necessary intrusion, and yes I know when the last minute aggro rears it's ugly head in the confines of the shelter their presence can be slightly irritating. As to the crowds causing problems, they are the very reason we are there, without them no Goodwood, though having struggled through the crowd with starter pack and pit board that should be obvious to any one I am not a gatecrasher, to be asked for my thin card armband, which by Sunday has long been detached from the tape and stuffed in pocket, put all equipement down to retrieve it from said pocket just to appease the importance of a certain member of staff goes a long way to holding the show up even further. Note staff not marshal. If you keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs.......