Thread: Season 4
View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2008, 04:38 (Ref:2161750)   #18
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
As much as i do like Taupo one has to ask the question when Hampton Downs opens will we see the NZ race migrate north where I am sure there will be more bums on seats. Just my opinion BTW
Personally I am not a great fan of the Taupo circuit so I hope so.

I was disapointed that Sentul was lost, however after turning their backs on A1GP and then running an absolutely farcical GP2 Asia event, would we want it back? GP2 Asia said they are not returning unless significant improvements to the circuit management and track itself are made...

It is a shame that the fleeting idea of A1GP taking over Surfers Paridise was only fleeting...

I have heard a rumour of a Germany round as well, however Willi Weber has been rather critical of A1GP of late regarding Hammermuller's penalties. Besides Team Germany has not found any sponsors so one must wonder whether such a round would be a commercial success. There are therefore a couple of questions: who else would the promoter be, and would Brands + Brno + Zandvoort + Mugello + S'ring be a European round too many?