View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2010, 10:30 (Ref:2680409)   #22
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperbottom View Post
Right,instead of answering posts individually I'll try and do it in one go;
I'm NOT going to name and shame as I don't think it will serve a purpose.(pm me IF you really must know)
The dizzy was advanced without the engine running then it was run up to 7000rpm and then turned off several times until it was found that where I'd already set it was best,the max advance that I use on my engines is usually 28 degrees as that's what I've found to work best,it was only tweaked because the engine is 100cc bigger so we thought it was worth trying.
Jetting that we started with (38mm chokes) was 180 airs and 155 mains which is what I use (along with 36mm chokes) on my 1700,we ended up with 200(ish) airs and 180 (ish) mains.
Oh and I build my own engines.

I also wonder if it was the 1st few runs that did the damage as no setting up had been done (other than the timing).

Hope this makes sense.
Although this new engine has been built with the same static CR as your previous engine - 12:1 I think you said - could the dynamic compression be higher? i.e. are you using the same duration cam (with the timing set the same) as on your previous engine? I presume you are using the same stroke and with the same length rods?

Were you monitoring the exhaust with a lambda sensor during the power runs and if so what A/F ratios were you seeing, particularly during the early 'lean' runs?

Last edited by phoenix; 27 Apr 2010 at 10:39.