View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3302830)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fielden View Post
To quote Bill de Selincourt who was a great friend of Chris:-
"One of the most uncomfortable cars I ever drove, I could not get into it properly"
Interesting! Although some 'hard points' (as I think they are called!) of the +4 remain the seat position is lower and view out so much better. Like a proper GT car in fact! The three Morgans are all equipped with full roll cages nowadays but having raced one for 50 minutes at a stretch and driven a short distance in another (both with period seats rather than FIA), I find them easier to drive and more comfortable than a +4. I'm about 6ft but anyone taller could struggle.

Off topic, but all 3 Morgan versions will be racing at Spa weekend after next. The unpainted car of John Emberson is doing the 6hr race, and that is a first for any of them. The other two will be in the 'only 90 minutes' Gentleman Drivers race on Sunday. Keith Ahlers in the green car is leading the GD Championship.