View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2006, 05:05 (Ref:1547689)   #25
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Negative stories tend to get told pretty quickly, but I think positive ones deserve to be told as well.

I have booked my Shanghai race ticket on the official web site, but on the first two attempts got an error message rather than a confirmation. Assuming that the transactions had not gone through I tried a third time and succeeded.

Before I even noticed anything amiss, the A1GP ticket office emailed me, to check whether the three transactions were what I wanted. Pretty rare I think to get this kind of proactive communication. Upon replying that in fact they were not, the next day I got a note back apologising for any difficulties with the web site and that two of the transactions would be credited back.

Makes a pleasant change to get this positive and proactive service, if this is how A1 treats it's customers then it really deserves to succeed.

BTW - I think the problem was with my credit card not with the web site, so they were not to blame in the first place.

Sorry if this post is getting a bit off topic, but I think it reflects very positively on the behind the scenes operation of A1GP. To have this kind of efficiency in the first season suggests there are a lot of things they are doing right.