View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2009, 00:09 (Ref:2565856)   #98
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
There is likely to be some fact in Mac's post but maybe a bit overstated (sorry Mac).

The V8's calendar is announced each year in September and the dates locked down etc.

I'd suggest that as the whole discussion on changing the date was in November then the V8 calendar was out, tickets already on sale for the Gold Coast race based on the announced dates etc.

Whilst I have no doubt that Cochrane held his ground - I don't know that I'd have done anything different personally.

After all that, the Indy guys only finished there season a week ago so it wouldn't have been a BIG issue (I would think) for them to do the race on the announced date?