View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3211029)   #7
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by baszero View Post
I don't agree with that because compared to McLaren, Nissan is heavily pushing forward in the GT3 races and as far as I have heard, it would be a rather easy task for a manufacturer to convert a GT3 car into a ACO-GTE car.

And rules are sorted out: ACO rules are now FIA enforced rules, ALMS 2013 is also ACO compatible... so what's still to be sorted out? But that's not the discussion here...
I'd say McLaren are pushing forward a lot more than Nissan in terms of GT3. A quick scan of the amount of each car on any grid tells you that.

If it was THAT easy to convert to GTE then everyone would have done it. There's clearly much more too it.

As for the rules. They aren't sorted out with a new supposedly unified GT class on the way from around 2015. There's a lot to be sorted out and it's naive to say rules don't come into the discussion.

Aside from that after last nights announcent it seems Nissan have quite a lot ok their plate already.