View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2868819)   #15
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Berger is a brilliant source of anecdotes. In his book by the late Chris Hilton, there is a passage talking about his Group A days with Schnitzer against the TWR Rovers and their perhaps 'interesting strategies.'

I can't recall the quote exactly but the 1985 Brno ETC round comes up and I think either Berger or Gerhard's teammate Ravaglia was getting a hard time from one of the Rovers in qualifying or something taps here, taps there etc, etc. So Gerhard goes out and decides to pick up and follow the offending Vitesse driver and leaves his braking impossibly late at the corner at the end of the straight and rams the Rover so hard the back the end is stoved in! Point made.

The BMW's didn't get any more hassle from TWR after that!
LOL!
In one of my books there are a couple of the jokes mentioned that Berger played to team mates including Senna. You chuckle away all afternoon about all this stuff