Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3394180)   #335
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikuni View Post
You're right, Jeremy did say that, and personally I agree with the second statement. But he started by saying "This whole issue about the sound of the cars is pathetic." Regardless of how you try and justify it, I firmly believe that statement to be incorrect.

There's no doubt we will all get used to the sound, I don't even think that many fans will turn away because of it. But I don't think you can argue that sound is not an important element of F1.

Again, the previous generation V8's are not the noise or volume that the current PU's should try to replicate, but I still think it needs to be a little more 'unique'.
I will make a deal with you and re-phrase ..

It rather sad that so much focus seems to be put on the sound of the new cars, when the technology being used it just amazing don't you think !

And it's only the beginning ... What brilliant minds these engineers have ..